Visit the Index for a complete list of programs.
In a development context, the term "program" can have different meanings. For Canada's international development work, the main types of programs are:
- Geographic, Multilateral and Global, and Partnerships with Canadians programs — three development branches and aid delivery channels.
- Program activities as defined in the former CIDA's annual Report on Plans and Priorities to Parliament.
- Specific programs in these basic categories, such as the Bilateral Program in Ghana or the Partners for Development Program.
- Time-limited programs, which are actually major projects, such as the Land Administration Program in Ghana.
- Programs to encourage Canadian women and men to take part in international development efforts, such as the Volunteer Cooperation Program and the International Youth Internship Program.