- FLV Format, 60 MB - 2 m 22 s
Do you know:
- How many people received food aid as a result of CIDA's support last year?
- How CIDA helped to improve basic education in developing countries?
- How many mothers, newborns and children's lives were improved thanks to CIDA's efforts?
- (or) What CIDA did to assist people during humanitarian crises?
Development for Results 2010-2011 answers these and other questions.
Since 2007, CIDA has published this report to show how Canadian tax dollars contribute to reduce poverty in the world.
Concrete results that really matter for millions of people.
One agenda, three priority themes, 20 countries of focus.
Canada is increasing its aid effectiveness and leading a global effort to improve maternal, newborn and child health.
With CIDA's support:
- People in Haiti and Pakistan received lifesaving health care after major natural disasters.
- More than 7.8 million chronically food-insecure people in Ethiopia have better access to food.
- In Bangladesh, more than 1 million children have been treated for respiratory tract infection.
- Clean water has been provided to 736,000 people in Sudan and South Sudan.
- In Haiti, 400,000 girls and boys were provided with a hot meal every day of the school year, allowing them to improve their learning.
- In Afghanistan, community-based schools were set up to provide safe learning spaces for children.
Aid effectiveness ... Meaningful results ... Lives improved
See for yourself by visiting CIDA's website at cida.gc.ca