|Organization:||United Nations Association in Canada|
|Mandate:||Founded in 1946, just months after Canada’s signature of the UN Charter in San Francisco, the United Nations Association in Canada is a nation-wide, volunteer-based, not-for-profit registered charity. UNA-Canada works to engage and educate Canadians - with a focus on youth - in critical international issues, to raise awareness of the UN and its work and to offer to the global commons made-in-Canada solutions and innovations to international challenges. UNA-Canada’s public education and outreach programmes encompass conferences and seminars, community activism, the publication of policy analyses, informative documents and educational resources, and a robust web site that covers a broad range of UN-related issues, including sustainable development, food security, peace-building, human rights, UN reform/revitalization, corporate social responsibility and the strengthening of the role of civil society and international organizations. With a professional staff in Ottawa, UNA-Canada has 14 - soon to be 15 - branches across the country; 14,000 members; a Council of Organizations consisting of 25 organization supportive of Canada’s multilateralism and the Canadian Corporate Leadership Council of the UN which encourages corporate citizenship while supporting the work of UNA-Canada.|
|Address:||300-309 Cooper St.
FAX: (613) 563-2455
|Please visit the website of the organization offering this internship to verify its application requirements prior to sending your resume.|
|Contact Person:||Andrea Chow|
|French Web Site:|
|English Web Site:||www.unac.org|
|Sector:||Government and civil society|
The intern will be working with the Communications Unit to enhance the
image of the UN system as a force for development, peace and justice. The Unit
also promotes local awareness of and support for UNDP as:
- A committed partner to governments and civil society in promoting people-centered development;
- An effective change agent that makes a difference in people's lives;
- A leader in the ongoing development debate.
The Intern will:
- Assist the communications specialist to develop a UN information database for information sharing.
- Liaise with program units and UN agencies to gather project information and lead a mapping exercise of UNDP development projects.
- Help provide guidelines for UN agencies on the database updating process to increase capacity.
- Edit and proofread UN/UNDP publications.
- Help liaise with media on UN/UNDP development-related activities.
- Assist the Communications Unit in organizing events.
- Help design UN/UNDP publications.
|Host Organization:||United Nations Development Programme, Cambodia Country Office|
|Host Organization Details:||UNDP is the UN’s global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 166 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. www.undp.org|