|Organisation :||Victoria International Development Education Association|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||VIDEA works to inspire thought and action on global issues, and has been involved in the promotion and delivery of global education in British Columbia since 1977. VIDEA actively engages teachers, students, youth and the general public in learning about--and becoming involved in--international issues, with a particular focus on the need for socially just and sustainable global development. VIDEA provides learning opportunities through special events, seminars, workshops, tours and conferences; it conducts research and publishes quality learning resources that are used in Canada, the United States, and overseas.|
|Adresse :||407-620 View Street
Victoria, British Columbia,
FAX: (250) 388-5258
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Lesley Palmer|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||www.videa.ca|
|Secteur :||Non affecté/Non spécifié|
|Description du stage :||
This Zambia Land Alliance (ZLA) project aims to enhance knowledge of District Land Alliance members and give them the skills to strengthen capacities of their institutions in dealing with land advocacy and creating awareness among their target groups that include traditional leaders, government departments, NGOs, and community members. The project advocates for land policies, laws and practices that are gender sensitive and just, and effectively respond to the plight of the poor.
Overseas Job Description:
The Capacity Building and Advocacy Officer's role is to strengthen the capacities of District Land Alliance members and rural/urban communities and contribute to democratic social change through providing support for training and awareness-raising activities.
The intern will:
· Assist in the design and implementation of a capacity building programme for ZLA network members and staff;
· Assist in the development and management of land advocacy training workshops for District Land Alliances and communities to enhance democratic values in land administration;
· Assist District Land Alliance members to research various land issues for advocacy work;
· Assist ZLA national office to redesign and update the organisation's website;
· Aid in the initiation and support of networks between District Land Alliances;
· Serve as a link between District Land Alliances, communities and Zambia Land Alliance National Office.
Essential Intern Qualifications:
· Degree or diploma in social sciences;
· Knowledge and/or experience in strengthening capacities of public institutions, especially civil society organizations;
· Interest in land rights issues in a development context;
· Experience organizing training and awareness raising meetings and initiatives;
· Excellent research and writing skills;
· Self motivated and willing to work in multi-task and multi-cultural environments.
Desired Intern Qualifications:
· Experience working with civil society organizations in development work, where possible in land or environmental issues;
· Experience designing and updating websites.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Zambia Land Alliance|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :|