|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||TakingITGlobal (TIG) is an international, youth-led and technology empowered organization. Our flagship program, the TakingITGlobal.org online community, provides inspiration, information and involvement opportunities to 125,000+ members in more than 200 countries. Available in 11 languages, the platform includes an online magazine, discussion boards, art and databases of events, projects and organizations. Thematic engagement, around topics such as HIV/AIDS, provides direct means for youth to learn about specific global issues, explore interests and become involved. Through all our efforts we aim to: increase capacity of youth as leaders locally and globally; foster cross cultural understanding; increase youth action and awareness on global issues.|
|Adresse :||19 Duncan Street - Suite 505
FAX: (416) 352-1898
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Sarah Lounsbury|
|Secteur :||Concours fournis aux organisations non gouvernementales|
|Description du stage :||
- Develop and implement online and offline youth engagement strategies
- Support youth leaders in Senegal, Guinea Bissau, Guinee, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Cote d'Ivoire and Nigeria as part of the CLC West Africa project
- Develop relationships with and a network of local youth organizations.
- Develop an action plan for Engaging West African Youth, outlining youth-focused networking and outreach strategies, events, development projects and workshops
- Forge relationships with relevant government departments.
- Formulate strategies for youth engagement in civics, entrepreneurship and ICTs
- Recruit and provide supervisory support to local volunteers.
- Coordinate capacity-building workshops for local youth throughout West Africa community
- Host the regular Community Open Forums
- Promote TakingITGlobal in the region
|Organisation d'accueil :||Open Society Initiative for West Africa|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||OSIWA is dedicated to supporting the creation of open societies in West Africa marked by functioning democracy, good governance, the rural of law, basic freedoms, and wide spread civic participation. OSIWA seeks to collaborate with advocacy groups, like minded foundations, governments and donors. Networking will focus on bridging cultural, economic, geographic and cultural barriers to collaboration among the existing efforts of West African youth leaders.|