|Organisation :||Commonwealth Games Association of Canada|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||The Mandate of the Commonwealth Games Canada is to strengthen sport within Canada and throughout the Commonwealth by participation in the Commonwealth Games and by using Sport as a development tool.|
|Adresse :||2255 Boul St-Laurent Blvd, Suite 120
FAX: (613) 244-6826
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Hannah Juneau|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||www.commonwealthgames.ca|
|Secteur :||Concours fournis aux organisations non gouvernementales|
|Description du stage :||
The overall objective of the Namibia Volunteer Involvement Program (NAM-VIP) is to increase the leadership and organizational capacity at the community level throughout Namibia. This will result in an increase in activities and participation.
Two of the most important objectives of the NAM-VIP program are to;
- recruit and retain more volunteer sport leaders through education and recognition;
- increase participation in sport at the community level with a focus on promoting healthy lifestyles, HIV/AIDS awareness, gender equality and youth leadership.
Prior to overseas departure the intern is responsible for the following:
- researching and self-briefing on the country where they are going;
- ensuring their passport is valid and has at least 6 months of validation remaining on it once back in Canada. If not, taking the neccessary steps to ensure that it is.
- receiving a physical examination and complete medical history from their family doctor. This includes filling any prescriptions required for when overseas.
- Bringing the following completed forms to orientation;
- Emergency Contact;
- Financial Information & Social Insurance;
- CIDA Participant Information;
- personal biography
- student loan interest relief (if applicable)
- Travel Waiver.
- completing the local media information form along with the media contacts form and submitting it to their hometown radio station, newspaper and television station to help create an awareness of this program.
- receiving a criminal reference check from the RCMP police department.
- applying for "continued health coverage" through their local provincial or territorial health office.
- Reading through the Foreign Affairs travel report on their respective country of internship.
- Registering with the "Registry of Canadians Abroad (ROCA)", and sending a printed copy of this on-line form to CGC;
- Appointing a family member or trusted relative Power of Attorney over their financial and legal affairs, while they are away;
- Introducing themself to their host organization and beginning the dialogue with their supervisor.
- Liaising with CGC in regards to Entry requirements (entry visa, letter or permit), if needed.
- Liaising with CGC to confirm travel itinerary.
- Attending in full, the three days of the Centre for Intercultural Learning (CIL) pre-departure training in Ottawa.
- Attending in full, the four days of Commonwealth Games Canada pre-departure training in Ottawa.
Some orientation sessions will consist of the following:
- leadership development;
- safety and security awareness
- sport and capacity building
- mutual expectations/professional duties
Working alongside the SCORE Namibia Country Coordinator, the intern will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the NAM-VIP Project Facilitator in training other volunteers and organizing community sporting events;
- Enhancing the NAM-VIP volunteer's capacity through feedback, training, and networking in their respective communities;
- Implementing the NAM-VIP Monitoring and Evaluation systems by engaging in skills sharing and transferring of knowledge with the rest of the NAM-VIP team;
- Strengthening the involvement of the NAM-VIP Volunteers in activities and community events through mentoring/transferring of knowledge and support;
- Networking and building community contacts through meetings with Local government, Community Based Organizations and other relevant community stakeholders.
- Implementing Youth Leads and school sports in schools as this will lay the foundation of skills to younger community youth with an aim of holistically developing the community using the NAM-VIP model.
- Assisting the coordinating team with a NAM- VIP marketing strategy.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Sports Coaches' OutReach Namibia|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||SCORE's vision is to be an international leader in the field of community development and volunteerism, utilizing sports as a powerful medium to bring about sustainable development and empowerment, and build international and intercultural understanding. The organization aims:
To implement community development programmes that meet the needs of disadvantaged communities and project funders, and to offer a range of quality, capacity building services within the community development sector;
To develop innovative solutions to the training and capacity building needs of disadvantaged communities with the focus on children and youth and providing access to new sporting opportunities.