|Organisation :||Commonwealth Games Association of Canada|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||The Mandate of the Commonwealth Games Canada is to strengthen sport within Canada and throughout the Commonwealth by participation in the Commonwealth Games and by using Sport as a development tool.|
|Adresse :||2255 Boul St-Laurent Blvd, Suite 120
FAX: (613) 244-6826
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Hannah Juneau|
|Secteur :||Concours fournis aux organisations non gouvernementales|
|Description du stage :||
The Organization of the Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) project is based
on promoting gender equity in sport and promoting proper nutrition among the
youth and sport communities of the Caribbean. World governing bodies of sport
have identified the low numbers of women employed with National Sport
Organizations as a weakness and have identified a need for gender-sensitive
programming to provide the appropriate skill building opportunities for women.
Building on an existing Sport Administration program, this project involves
adapting materials to meet the specific purpose of providing skills training to
women in the field of sport administration and to creating opportunities for
more women to be employed in that field.
Prior to overseas departure the intern is responsible for the following:
- researching and self-briefing on the country where they are going;
- ensuring their passport is valid and has at least 6 months of validation remaining on it once back in Canada. If not, taking the neccessary steps to ensure that it is.
- receiving a physical examination and complete medical history from their family doctor. This includes filling any prescriptions required for when overseas.
- Bringing the following completed forms to orientation;
- Emergency Contact;
- Financial Information & Social Insurance;
- YES Declaration;
- CIDA Participant Information;
- personal biography
- student loan interest relief (if applicable)
- Travel Waiver.
- completing the local media information form along with the media contacts form and submitting it to their hometown radio station, newspaper and television station to help create an awareness of this program.
- receiving a criminal reference check from the RCMP police department.
- applying for "continued health coverage" through their local provincial or territorial health office.
- Reading through the Foreign Affairs travel report on their respective country of internship.
- Registering with the "Registry of Canadians Abroad (ROCA)", and sending a printed copy of this on-line form to CGC;
- Appointing a family member or trusted relative Power of Attorney over their financial and legal affairs, while they are away;
- Introducing themself to their host organization and beginning the dialogue with their supervisor.
- Liaising with CGC in regards to Entry requirements (entry visa, letter or permit), if needed.
- Liaising with CGC to confirm travel itinerary.
- Attending in full, the three days of the Centre for Intercultural Learning (CIL) pre-departure training in Ottawa.
- Attending in full, the four days of Commonwealth Games Canada pre-departure training in Ottawa.
Some orientation sessions will consist of the following:
- leadership development;
- safety and security awareness
- sport and capacity building
- mutual expectations/professional duties
Working alongside the OECS Sports Coordinator, to ensure a smooth transfer of knowledge and transition post internship, the intern will be responsible for the delivery of the OECS Sports Desk programming to enhance gender equity among the sport departments of the OECS Member States. The intern will also be responsible for expanding and delivering programming for youth and athletes that focus on proper nutrition and healthy living.
Key tasks include:
- Adapting the current OECS Sport Administration curriculum to focus on gender-specific capacity building and skills building;
- Reviewing the current OECS Sports Nutrition manual and program;
- Coordinating and delivering Sports Nutrition and healthy living programming for young athletes;
- Supporting the OECS Sports Desk Coordinator in implementing the work plan of the OECS Sports Desk. This work plan includes liaising with OECS Ministries of Sport and National Sport Bodies to plan and deliver OECS events.
|Organisation d'accueil :||The Organization of Eastern Caribbean States|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||To be a major institutional player at the regional level, contributing to the sustainable development of our member countries by promoting collaboration among our Member States.
To achieve holistic development of our societies and integration of our region through the prioritization of sport and physical education in the agendas of our Member States.