|Organisation :||Christian Children’s Fund of Canada|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Vision: Striving as a worldwide team, we are creating a future of hope for children. We are renowned for our compassion for children of all faiths and cultural backgrounds.|
|Adresse :||1200 Denison Street
FAX: (905) 754-1002
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Kristen Feduck|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||www.ccfcanada.ca|
|Ville :||Pueblo Nuevo|
|Description du stage :||
The local partner, Center for Supporting Programs and Projects (CAPRI)is
working in 7 neighbourhoods with a collective population of approximately 700
families, in the town of Pueblo Nuevo, located 220 kms. North of Managua. These
neighbourhoods are the catchment area for CAPRI & CCFC's local community
development program. Community organization is the goal of the program, with
health constituting one of its sectors of focus. Prevention of the spread of
HIV/AIDS is a national priority and a prevention campaign has been planned at
the local level in order to raise awareness amongst community members and,
particularly, youth. Youth in Pueblo Nuevo tend to migrate to big cities in
order to secure study or employment opportunities. Preparing these youth to
care for themselves in an holistic manner is the community's responsibility
and, hence a major focus of CAPRI's work in the area.
CAPRI enables communities to take responsibility of their lives and encourages community-led, participatory development. CAPRI is committed to and has been successful in applying principles of community ownership, development and sustainability.
The intern will facilitate the community's implementation of their HIV/AIDS prevention campaign through the following activities:
- Organize a youth network that will advocate for the prevention of HIV/AIDS and other STD infections in the community.
- Work with the youth network in order to develop their skills and capacity in the implementation of health and HIV/AIDS project.
- Creat a space for community members and youth to be heard and improve their inclusion in planning, monitoring and evaluation of community development.
- Facilitate community and youth movements in order to establish coordination and effective workings relationships with other groups and networks working in the area of HIV/AIDS.
- Build the capacity for sustainability of community and youth movement efforts.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Centre for Supporting Programs and Projects|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||CAPRI promotes, accompanies and facilitates processes of local development being led by community groups and other social sectors in order to transform the economic, political, social and ecological siutation of families and communities.|