|Organisation :||Mennonite Economic Development Associates|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||The mission of MEDA is to bring hope, opportunity and economic well being to low income people around the world through a business-oriented approach to development. In the developing world, we do this by offering affordable credit, together with marketing and business training, to low income entrepreneurs. MEDA's target group is the poorest of the economically active in the developing world.|
|Adresse :||155 Frobisher Drive, Suite I-106
FAX: (519) 725-9083
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Jennifer Helmuth|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||www.meda.org|
|Secteur :||Banques et services financiers|
|Description du stage :||
MEDA Trust is a web based program linking MEDA's Microfinance
Institution in Nicaragua (MiCredito) to donors in North America through a web
platform. The MEDA Trust web site is tied into the MIS for MiCredito and allows
for individuals and groups to contribute to a portfolio, and then select
microfinance clients for funding.
The intern will be required to participate in the pre-departure orientation session at MEDA and to give a presentation of their work to MEDA staff upon their return to Canada after the internship assignment is complete.
The Field Coordinator's primary duties are to provide the updated stories from clients, arrangement for seminars and webcasts, as well as provide the link to the MIS department in MiCredito. Specific tasks will include:
- Develop and document client stories in both written and video format. These stories are for use both on the MEDA Trust web program and in other MEDA publications.
- Develop documentation of the MEDA Trust system and train other MEDA staff to use the system.
- Coordinate and produce webinars to be broadcast through the MEDA Trust website. This will include preparing the content of the webinar, advertising and coordinating the logistics for the participants.
- Produce webcast interviews of MiCredito clients to be aired on the MEDA Trust website.
- Collect photographs of clients for use in MEDA Trust and other MEDA publications.
- Maintain the MEDA Trust web interface with the appropriate content including client information, pictures and instructions for use.
- Ensure the technical aspects of the MEDA Trust web platform are operational, and provide technical troubleshooting.
|Organisation d'accueil :||MEDA Nicaragua|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||MEDA Nicaragua is associated directly with MEDA and MEDA's mandate, and operates several programs funded by CIDA, both in microfinance and agricultural production and marketing. MEDA has been incorporated in Nicaragua since 1991 and has hosted seven CIDA interns since 2000.|