|Organisation :||Camosun College|
|Type :||Établissement d'enseignement|
|Mandat :||Camosun College is committed to the process of global education by reaching out beyond the local community to create relationships worldwide. We recognize that our work in international education benefits our students and strengthens our college, our community, and our international partners. This commitment encompasses many elements, including the internationalization of curriculum and educational services, the increased intercultural awareness of staff, faculty and students, the continued development of institutional linkages, and the development of partnerships with colleges, institutes and universities in Canada and worldwide to develop and undertake projects in international educational development, particularly that which is participatory and community-based.|
|Adresse :||Camosun College International
3100 Foul Bay Road
Victoria, British Columbia,
FAX: (250) 370-3689
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||James Paulson|
|Description du stage :||
Working through the university's Department of International
Cooperation, the intern will be involved in various projects to implement
previously initiated educational outreach methodologies in community education
for poverty eradication in the local community.
The intern will perform the following tasks while in Canada:
- Promotion and marketing of the CIDA-IYIP Camosun College program in the community
- Participation in ongoing Camosun College International community development activities.
- Developing teaching and learning aids for community education activities in your host community.
- Developing your reporting and self-evaluation process for your internship
- Beginning your post-internship job search plan
- Liaising with your host organization for the achievement of locally determined internship results, and developing tools and resources to ensure that you achieve these results
- Investigating possible linkages between Canadian youth and your host organization through CIDA and other donor initiatives such as the Global Classrooms Initiative.
The goal of this internship is to assist the University of Danang in its implementation of outreach strategies for the promotion of literacy and numeracy skills in the community, as part of Vietnam's education reform for poverty reduction initiative. Duties will include some preparation of curriculum and the facilitation of workshops for the upgrading of instructors and education of community members.
|Organisation d'accueil :||University of Danang|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||The University of Danang was founded by Vietnamese Government decree on 04 April 1994 following the amalgamation of the Danang Polytechnic University, the Danang Foreign Language Teacher Training College, the Quangnam Teacher Training College and the Nguyen Van Troi Vocational School.
The university maintains numerous links to the community and its ancient culture, exemplified in Hoi An town, the My Son ruins, and the remnants of the Cham Kingdom.