|Organisation :||Fanshawe College of Applied Arts & Technology|
|Type :||Établissement d'enseignement|
|Mandat :||Fanshawe College - founded in 1967 - is a major training and educational institution, and the sixth largest college in Ontario. Fanshawe offers nearly 100 diploma, degree, college-university collaborative, postgraduate and certificate programs in preparatory and employability skills. At present, the College has about 33,000 continuing education learners, 15,000 full-time domestic students and more than 300 international students enrolled in various programs. Fanshawe is committed to the creation of international opportunities for its staff and students and is in the midst of its four-year internationalization strategy (2004-2008). Fanshawe recognizes the importance of developing globally-minded individuals with international experiences through its various programs, as these individuals are highly desired amongst private enterprise, government and educational institutions in the global marketplace.|
|Adresse :||1460 Oxford Street East - P.O. Box 7005
FAX: (519) 452-4420
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Gregg Erauw|
|Secteur :||Politique en matière de population/santé et fertilité|
|Description du stage :||
As part of the Afram Plains District Health Directorate's ongoing
activities and objective of public health education on contagious diseases and
their control, the intern will provide critical assistance for the head of
HIV/AIDS education in Donkorkrom and surrounding villages. Day-to-day
activities for the dissemination of information regarding HIV/AIDS in the
region are obtained through project workshops to youth, community members and
In Canada (2 months):
One-month preparation period with a one-week workshop at Fanshawe College in London, Ontario
- Activities will include a project and country orientation,
- Health and safety workshops
- Development of Project and Personal Action Plans
- Professional development objectives workshop
- Workshop on networking while abroad, culture shock and cross-cultural understanding/communication
- Trip planning and project promotion while abroad
One-month de-briefing period with a one-week workshop at Fanshawe College in London, Ontario
- A reintegration to Canada/reverse culture shock workshop
- The completion of a final project report,
- Outreach activities (newspaper articles and community presentation)
- Professional development assessment
- Employment search, resume and interview workshop
Overseas (6 months):
- Assist the HIV/AIDS focal person to carry out outreach education and training programmes in the district
- Plan education and training strategies to enable stakeholders to be equipped with knowledge and skills on HIV/AIDS, sexuality and gender
- Organise training workshops, seminars, fora on HIV/AIDS, sexuality and gender for the in-school and out-of-school youths and apprentices
- Develop special training programme for the education and training of virgin club in schools and churches
- Mobilize resources, which are needed for the performance of the above activities.
- Potentially serve on HIV/AIDS committees in the district.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Afram Plains District Health Directorate|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||The mandate and objectives of the Afram Plains District Health Directorate are the following:
- Management of the whole district on health issues including hospitals, clinics/centres both public and private
- Liaise with other stakeholders as line departments, government agencies, private sector and communities etc.
- Public education and or/dissemination of information on contagious diseases and their control.
- Organize regular immunization of children in the district.
- Coordinate activities of stakeholders in health delivery services.
- Monitoring and evaluation of health projects/programmes in the district.
- Complete statistics on all aspects of diseases etc in the district.
- Prepare annual budgets and reports to the Regional Health Directorate.