|Organisation :||Fanshawe College of Applied Arts & Technology|
|Type :||Établissement d'enseignement|
|Mandat :||Fanshawe College - founded in 1967 - is a major training and educational institution, and the sixth largest college in Ontario. Fanshawe offers nearly 100 diploma, degree, college-university collaborative, postgraduate and certificate programs in preparatory and employability skills. At present, the College has about 33,000 continuing education learners, 15,000 full-time domestic students and more than 300 international students enrolled in various programs. Fanshawe is committed to the creation of international opportunities for its staff and students and is in the midst of its four-year internationalization strategy (2004-2008). Fanshawe recognizes the importance of developing globally-minded individuals with international experiences through its various programs, as these individuals are highly desired amongst private enterprise, government and educational institutions in the global marketplace.|
|Adresse :||1460 Oxford Street East - P.O. Box 7005
FAX: (519) 452-4420
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Gregg Erauw|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||www.fanshawec.ca/international|
|Description du stage :||
The intern will assist with the regular day-to-day educational and
instructional activities at the school in order to provide the children with a
well-rounded education and developmental opportunities. This will involve the
pre-school, youth club, HIV/AIDS education, livelihood projects and computer
In Canada (2 months):
One-month preparation period with a one-week workshop at Fanshawe College in London, Ontario
- Activities will include a project and country orientation,
- Health and safety workshops
- Development of Project and Personal Action Plans
- Professional development objectives workshop
- Workshop on networking while abroad, culture shock and cross-cultural understanding/communication
- Trip planning and project promotion while abroad
One-month de-briefing period with a one-week workshop at Fanshawe College in London, Ontario
- A reintegration to Canada/reverse culture shock workshop
- The completion of a final project report,
- Outreach activities (newspaper articles and community presentation)
- Professional development assessment
- Employment search, resume and interview workshop.
Overseas (6 months):
- Assist local staff in teaching and monitoring the progress of students in the Basic Education project.
- Assist in giving computer lessons to children and youth.
- Assist in training students in youth club (games, sport, music etc).
- Assist in the organization of pedagogic workshops and seminars for staff and community leaders.
- Help the development of curriculum and instructional activities.
- Counselling activities necessary for the educational development of the children.
- Raise awareness in the community of HIV/AIDS issues, especially amongst youth.
- Assist local staff in establishing demonstration farms and other livelihood projects in nearby villages.
- Administrative and other duties required to carry-out United Action for Children's day-to-day activities.
|Organisation d'accueil :||United Action for Children|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||United Action for Children (UAC) is a Non-Governmental Organization based in Buea, South West Province, Cameroon. UAC is a non-profit, philanthropic, and non-political organization committed to developing a caring society for children and young people. The organization was created in 1996 as a response to concerns about children's education and development in the South West Province. With the help of local staff and international volunteers, UAC has grown to include a number of exciting programs to assist Buea's children and their community. The programs include, Basic Education, vocational training, HIV/AIDS, Livelihood, Youth club, disability, child trafficking etc.
UAC's members have agreed upon the following objectives to guide the organization's growth and activities:
- To provide quality and affordable nursery and primary education
- To help rectify problems existing in the local education system
- To address the issue of school dropout and failure
- To introduce an alternative education approach in Cameroon
- To offer a secure and stable learning environment for children
- To help parents and teachers take an active role in child development