|Organisation :||World Vision Canada|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||As a member of the international World Vision partnership and in support of our common mission, WVC is a Christian humanitarian relief and development organization, inviting Canadians to share their resources to empower people living in poverty.|
|Adresse :||1 World Drive
FAX: (905) 696-2168
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Clara McLaughlin|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||www.worldvision.ca|
|Ville :||Phnom Penh|
|Description du stage :||
The nutrition programs in WNCB aim to reduce child mortality by
improving the nutrition and health status of children and women. The focus
areas include malaria reduction, disease prevention, and improved micronutrient
status. Activities include insecticide treated bed net distribution to children
and women to prevent malaria; immunizations to protect young children from
preventable diseases; antibiotic training and distribution to protect against
respiratory illnesses in children; vitamin A supplementation for children under
five; and HIV/AIDS prevention, care and advocacy. Capacity building to Ministry
of Health staff, World Vision staff and community members is an integral part
of the nutrition and health programs.
Nutrition and Health Team
1) Meet key staff with whom to communicate while in the field.
2) Review current and past programs.
3) Review program specific documents.
4) Attend Team Meetings.
Asia Cross Functional Team (AXFT)
1) Meet with Team Leader.
2) Meet with Regional Program Manager.
3) Attend AXFT meetings.
International and Canadian Programs (ICP) and Technical Division
1) Attend devotions for ICP and Technical Teams.
2) Research country specific issues.
3) Review relevant literature on issues.
4) Preparation of Program Report after returning from overseas.
The intern will:
1) Assist the health and nutrition manager and national Enhance coordinator in the implementation of the Enhance nutrition program, including LQAS survey implementation, capacity building workshops for Ministry of Health staff, World Vision staff and community members on malaria, respiratory illness and antibiotic use, immunizations, vitamin A and HIV/AIDS.
2) Assist the health and nutrition manager and national Enhance coordinator with logistics for distribution of long lasting insecticide treated bed nets to children under five in Area Development Programs (ADP).
3) Network and build relationships with Ministry of Health staff at the National and local levels.
4) Assist with preparation of reports for submission to WVC and CIDA.
5) Be involved in ongoing monitoring and evaluation of Enhance program, in collaboration and with support of the health and nutrition manager and national Enhance coordinator.
|Organisation d'accueil :||World VIsion Cambodia|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||World Vision is a Christian Humanitarian agency whose mission is to create positive, permanent change in the lives of children and their communities, through programs that seek to address suffering and undermine the root causes of poverty and injustice.|