|Organisation :||Canadian Society for International Health|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||The Canadian Society for International Health, a national voluntary organization, facilitates and supports health and development activities around the world through the mobilization of Canadian and other resources. CSIH advocates for health policy and programming which contributes to global objectives of health for all, equity, and social justice and builds partnerships with Canadian and other institutions and organizations.|
|Adresse :||One Nicholas Street, Suite 1105
FAX: (613) 241-3845
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Ron Elliott|
|Description du stage :||
1. Familiarize self with CHESTRAD International's philosophy, objectives, reports and activities.
2. Liase with CHESTRAD employees to edit and improve its Youth Empowerment and Deviance Assessment Questionnaire.
3. Research the Annie E. Casey Foundation's approach to tracking the status of children as well as determine and suggest potential unexplored parallels for a Nigerian context.
4. Research, locate, and contact local Nigerian-Canadian community organizations to initiate information sharing and partnerships with CHESTRAD.
The intern will work in collaboration with three different projects:
Solidarity Project Work
1. Advocate for broad-based dialogue with stakeholders, including the civil society, in the identification, planning and evaluation of development activities at the local level.
2. Promote sustainability of local health development efforts by liaising with community leaders to increase community engagement in CHESTRAD innovations in co-management and co-financing.
3. Disseminate key lessons and experiences learned to stakeholders and partners in African Health Reform in the form of formal reports.
4. Organize and execute forums/town meetings on site that bring together policy makers, the health workforce, and the public to learn about new programs and developments in the field.
TYE Project-YEDA Questionnaire:
1. Facilitate focus groups to test acceptability of Youth Empowerment and Deviance Assessment (YEDA) questionnaire among youth.
2. Conduct surveys using YEDA questionnaire to determine state of well being of youth.
1. Increase the outflow of information and other integrated services to young persons by giving presentations to generate higher awareness of availability.
2. Solicit the opinions and concerns of youth regarding their reproductive health and communicate those concerns in written reports as well as online in CHESTRAD's Youth Arena.
3. Collaborate in planning and implementation of biannual Youth Mentoring Dialogue.
4. Execute Youth Development workshops onsite and gather feedback through surveys on usefulness of workshop.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Centre for Health Sciences Training, Research and Development|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||To employ a system focused approach to respond to the needs of young persons, children and women in poor resource settings in Nigeria.|