|Organisation :||World Vision Canada|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||As a member of the international World Vision partnership and in support of our common mission, WVC is a Christian humanitarian relief and development organization, inviting Canadians to share their resources to empower people living in poverty.|
|Adresse :||1 World Drive
FAX: (905) 696-2168
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Clara McLaughlin|
|Secteur :||Gouvernement et société civile|
|Description du stage :||
The intern will be focused on documenting and analysing WVB's work to
promote child rights, and particularly children's participation. This will
include documenting the children's clubs (Area Development Program [ADP]
level), and the Children's Parliament (national level). The intern will examine
the strengths and weaknesses of the programme and advocacy interventions to
support children's participation, in order to provide concrete recommendations
to other World Vision offices (or other agencies) that want to promote
children's participation. The intern will be responsible for preparing a report
that documents their work, which will be published in electronic format in
English and Spanish, for dissemination internally and externally. By
documenting practical approaches to promoting children's right to participate,
this internship will contribute to enhancing good governance through building
awareness and capacity for enhancing the practice of citizenship for
1) Meet key staff with whom to communicate while in the field.
2) Review current and past programs.
3) Review program specific documents.
4) Attend Team Meetings.
LACRO Cross Functional Team (LXFT)
1) Meet with Team Leader.
2) Meet with Regional Program Manager.
3) Attend LXFT meeting.
Advocacy and Public Engagement
1) Attend devotions for Advocacy group.
2) Research country specific issues.
3) Review relevant literature.
4) Preparation of Program Report after returning from overseas.
The intern's responsibilities are:
1) Meet with key World Vision and external stakeholders involved in the children's clubs and parliament.
2) Visit a select number of Children's Clubs to document their experiences.
3) Observe the Children's Parliament, and meet with key members of the children's parliament as well as government stakeholders to document their experiences.
4) Conduct primary research into the methods and principles of the children's clubs and parliament (focus groups, interviews, etc.)
5) Analyse data from research, and meet with representatives of the key stakeholders to confirm research findings.
6) Prepare a report that documents the strengths and weakness of the clubs and parliament, and propose concrete recommendations to other WV offices or external agencies seeking to support children's participation through clubs and parliaments.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Vision Mundial Nicaragua|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||World Vision is a Christian Humanitarian agency whose mission is to create positive, permanent change in the lives of children and their communities, through programs that seek to address suffering and undermine the root causes of poverty and injustice.|