|Organisation :||Disabled Peoples’ International|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Disabled Peoples' International is a network of national organizations or assemblies of people with disabilities, established to promote the human rights of disabled people through full participation, equalization of opportunity and development.|
|Adresse :||902 - 388 Portage Avenue
FAX: (204) 783-6270
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Alissa Wilts|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||
|Secteur :||Concours fournis aux organisations non gouvernementales|
|Description du stage :||
The intern will assist in the development and implementation of capacity
building workshops designed for people with disabilities to create their own
small business enterprises. The intern will also research laws and conventions
in order to increase the capacity of ARIFA to effect policy change at the
national level and to advocate on behalf of persons with disabilities (PWD).
1) Learn about Canadian, Latin American, and global disability issues, including the UN Convention and Ibero-American relations.
2) Participate in an on-the-job training program in communications planning, fundraising, and capacity building.
3) Visit and learn from disability organizations in Winnipeg, including the Council of Canadians with Disabilities (CCD), the Independent Living Resource Centre (ILRC), and the Canadian Centre on Disability Studies (CCDS).
In the area of small business development, the intern will:
1. Facilitate the development of workshops to develop the skills of people with disabilities in the areas of project planning, business management, and handicraft manufacturing.
2. Assist in conducting a market analysis for small businesses in Paraguay.
3. Research and/or develop learning materials to be used in capacity building workshops.
4. Conduct evaluations of capacity building projects, including recommendations in their final report.
In the area of advocacy, the intern will:
1. Research laws and conventions related to disability issues in Paraguay.
2. Create a database of laws, conventions and documents related to disability issues in Paraguay.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Asociación de Rehabilitación de Impedidos Físicos de Paraguay|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||ARIFA's mandate is to promote the human rights of persons with disabilities through full participation, equality of opportunities, and development.|