|Organisation :||Disabled Peoples’ International|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Disabled Peoples' International is a network of national organizations or assemblies of people with disabilities, established to promote the human rights of disabled people through full participation, equalization of opportunity and development.|
|Adresse :||902 - 388 Portage Avenue
FAX: (204) 783-6270
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Alissa Wilts|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||
|Secteur :||Concours fournis aux organisations non gouvernementales|
|Description du stage :||
During the project, the intern will assist the Regional Development
Officer in the development of projects focusing on women and youth with
disabilities, assist in the continuing development of the regional fundraising
strategy, as well as provide administrative support to the Regional Development
1. Learn about Canadian, Latin American, and global disability issues, including the UN Convention and Ibero-American relations.
2. Participate in an on-the-job training program in communications planning, fundraising, and capacity building.
3. Visit and learn from disability organizations in Winnipeg, including the Council of Canadians with Disabilities (CCD), the Independent Living Resource Centre (ILRC), and the Canadian Centre on Disability Studies (CCDS).
Under the direction of the Regional Development Officer, the intern will plan, implement and manage projects and strategies related women and youth with disabilities, capacity building projects and small business development projects for people with disabilities.
In the area of women and youth with disabilities, the intern will:
1. Assist in the development of regional strategies related to women and youth, including the formulation of regional and national proposals.
2. Assist in the development of regional projects focusing on women and youth with disabilities, in order to increase the ability to advocate for systemic change when it comes to justice, legal and other matters of concern to women and youth with disabilities in Peru and throughout the Latin America region.
In the area of Small Business Development, the intern will:
1. Assist in the development and coordination of regional and local strategies related to small business development for people with disabilities.
2. Assist in the development of proposals for small business projects focusing on capacity building of entrepreneurs with disabilities.
In the area of Capacity Building, the intern will:
1. Assist in the coordination of capacity building activities, such as the planning and organization of regional seminars and workshops.
2. Conduct evaluations of capacity building projects, including recommendations in their final report.
3. Provide administrative support for regional meetings.
In the area administrative support, the intern will:
1. Manage the content of the regional website, and seek out other online communications resources that would be applicable to the regional office's communications needs.
2. Assist in reporting within the Latin America region, between regions, and with the DPI Headquarters Office.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Region Latinoamericana de la OMPD|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||The Latin America Region of DPI is a network of 17 organizations, or National Assemblies, of persons with disabilities, established to promote the human rights of persons with disabilities through full participation, equality of opportunities, and development.|