|Organisation :||Disabled Peoples’ International|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Disabled Peoples' International is a network of national organizations or assemblies of people with disabilities, established to promote the human rights of disabled people through full participation, equalization of opportunity and development.|
|Adresse :||902 - 388 Portage Avenue
FAX: (204) 783-6270
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Alissa Wilts|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||
|Secteur :||Concours fournis aux organisations non gouvernementales|
|Description du stage :||
During the project, the intern will work in the areas of organizational
development, project monitoring and evaluation, and capacity building of
persons with disabilities. The intern will assist in formulating and
implementing an organizational strategy and a fundraising strategy for ANADISH.
As well, the intern will assist in building the capacity of persons with
disabilities to improve their leadership skills and to develop small business
opportunities for entrepreneurs with disabilities.
1. Learn about Canadian, Latin American, and global disability issues, including the UN Convention and Ibero-American relations.
2) Participate in an on-the-job training program in communications planning, fundraising, and capacity building.
3) Visit and learn from disability organizations in Winnipeg, including the Council of Canadians with Disabilities (CCD), the Independent Living Resource Centre (ILRC), and the Canadian Centre on Disability Studies (CCDS).
In the area of project monitoring and evaluation the intern will:
1. Prepare and distribute diagnostic and evaluation surveys to develop and monitor projects.
2. Write monitoring and evaluation reports of the projects implemented by the ANADISH offices.
In the area of organizational development, the intern will:
1. Assist in the creation of an organizational strategy and fundraising strategy.
2. Assist in writing grant proposals to obtain funding for ANADISH projects.
3. Assist in member recruitment.
4. Network with ANADISH members in the field.
In the area of capacity building, the intern will:
1. Assist in the development of capacity building workshops at the national level.
2. Conduct research to support small business development for people with disabilities.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Asociación Nacional de Discapacitados de Honduras|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||To promote support among the disabled population, share experiences. With these ideals our self-esteem will be increased. To create awareness on disability through the media and try to change the negative view Honduran society has toward disabled people. Create a self-help group and receive therapy on health, psychology, spiritual and social issues. Make sure the person with disability receives rehabilitation and is included into the mainstream society. To promote employment of people with disabilities in the public (government) and private sectors|