|Organisation :||Help the Aged Canada|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||HTAC'S MANDATE is to promote the health, well-being and social inclusion of the vulnerable elderly and other older adults. We partner with national and international organizations to support, facilitate and encourage effective and sustainable community programs and services that help the elderly to meet their basic needs, improve their quality of life and increase their capacity to contribute to their community.|
|Adresse :||1300 Carling Avenue, Unit 205
FAX: (613) 232-7625
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Marjorie Milloy|
|Description du stage :||
To improve access to health care and to promote a healthy lifestyle for
the elderly; to raise public awareness of issues affecting the elderly and
advocate for positive social policy formation.
- Attend Help the Aged (Canada) training and Department of Foreign Affairs, Centre for Intercultural Learning, workshop.
- In consultation with Project Manager, develop a job search strategy.
- Complete IYIP and HTAC documentation, register with ROCA (DFAIT).
- Complete required inoculations, visa and/or work permit, travel and travel insurance arrangements.
- Establish contact with overseas host organization.
- Attend HTAC and CIL debriefing sessions.
- Prepare a final report on activities, outputs and challenges, make recommendations for future programs.
- Promote the IYIP and intern's involvement.
- Develop and implement an intergenerational program whereby students develop skits on issues of the elderly (HIV/AIDS, aging issues, new government policy on ageing, etc)and present these to the elderly who do not have opportunity to access this information.
- Encourage the development and implementation of an organized HIV/AIDS education teaching plan into PRO schools, training student peer educators.
- Expand the health promotion classes for the elderly to 2 other villages.
- Continue the work of the previous intern in the establishment of an education program on important health topics (HIV/AIDS, malaria, safe water, safe food preparation, parasites, family planning, etc.)for pastors in remote villages to use as "an education spot" each Sunday morning.
- Liaise with HelpAge Ghana intern to develop short radio programs to raise awareness, offer practical advice and seek to influence positive social policy formation relating to the needs of the elderly.
- Liaison with other PRO programs and other NGO's in related fields.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Director.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Project Reach Out Ghana|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||Rev. Ocran founded project Reach Out in 1990 in Canada, and in Ghana, West Africa in 1991. The mandate of the organization is to deal with the physical and social needs of the people of Ghana. In 1996 it was incorporated in Canada as "Project Reach Out Fund, affiliated with Christian Standard Ministries, Ghana, West Africa" as an interdenominational, charitable organization.|