|Organisation :||Help the Aged Canada|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||HTAC'S MANDATE is to promote the health, well-being and social inclusion of the vulnerable elderly and other older adults. We partner with national and international organizations to support, facilitate and encourage effective and sustainable community programs and services that help the elderly to meet their basic needs, improve their quality of life and increase their capacity to contribute to their community.|
|Adresse :||1300 Carling Avenue, Unit 205
FAX: (613) 232-7625
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Marjorie Milloy|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||www.helptheaged.ca|
|Secteur :||Infrastructure et services sociaux divers|
|Description du stage :||
The intern will assist HelpAge Ghana to promote a healthy lifestyle for
the elderly and advocate on their behalf through raising pupblic awareness on
the issues of the elderly.
- Attend Help the Aged (Canada) training and Department of Foreign Affairs, Centre for Intercultural Learning, workshop.
- In consultation with Project Manager, develop a job search strategy.
- Complete IYIP and HTAC documentation, register with ROCA (DFAIT).
- Complete required inoculations, visa and/or work permit, travel and travel insurance arrangements.
- Establish contact with overseas host organization and previous interns.
- Attend HTAC and CIL debriefing sessions.
- Prepare a final report on activities, outputs and challenges, make recommendations for future programs.
- Promote the IYIP and intern's involvement.
- Implement, monitor and evaluate projects being undertaken directly by the organization and those with/for older persons' organizations, i.e. education, re-integration and development of awareness tools on the issue of elderly being banished to witch camps.
- Develop advocacy and public awareness/education materials/tools on ageing issues in Ghana, targeted to, but not limited to policy makers, older persons and the general public.
- Other duties as may be assigned by gthe Executive Director and/or the Board of Directors.
|Organisation d'accueil :||HelpAge Ghana|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||HelpAge Ghana's is an affiliate member of HelpAge International with a mandate to advance the interest and welfare of older persons in Ghana regardless of sex, creed and colour by: creating public awareness on aging issues and the problems facing older persons, initiating and assisting organizations working with and for older persons in Ghana to develop appropriate community based services for older persons, assisting in the initiation and development, through research and advocacy, of pragmatic policies and services for older persons.|