|Organisation :||Help the Aged Canada|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||HTAC'S MANDATE is to promote the health, well-being and social inclusion of the vulnerable elderly and other older adults. We partner with national and international organizations to support, facilitate and encourage effective and sustainable community programs and services that help the elderly to meet their basic needs, improve their quality of life and increase their capacity to contribute to their community.|
|Adresse :||1300 Carling Avenue, Unit 205
FAX: (613) 232-7625
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Marjorie Milloy|
|Secteur :||Infrastructure et services sociaux divers|
|Description du stage :||
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the intern will assist in
the implementation of HelpAge Ghana's two-year fundraising plan.
- Attend Help the Aged (Canada) training and Department of Foreign Affairs, Centre for Intercultural Learning, workshop.
- In consultation with Project Manager, develop a job search strategy.
- Complete IYIP and HTAC documentation, register with ROCA (DFAIT).
- Complete required inoculations, visa and/or work permit, travel and travel insurance arrangements.
- Establish contact with overseas host organization and previous interns.
- Attend HTAC and CIL debriefing sessions.
- Prepare a final report on activities, outputs and challenges, make recommendations for future programs.
- Promote the IYIP and intern's involvement.
- Become familiar with the mandate and programs/services of HelpAge Ghana, in particular the fundraising strategy
- Write concept papers and funding proposals
- Write progress and other required project reports to appropriate sponsor/donor agencies and the Board of Directors, through the Executive Director
- Develop and implement Fundraising Programs
- Assist the Executive Director with administrative activities such as:
a. Providing detailed plans of action, including timeline and budgets for all approved fundraising activities
b. Evaluating all fundraising programs to ensure they are consistent with the overal mission and goals of HAG
c. Assuming additional responsibilities and duties assigned by the Executive Director
|Organisation d'accueil :||HelpAge Ghana|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||HelpAge Ghana's is an affiliate member of HelpAge International with a mandate to advance the interest and welfare of older persons in Ghana regardless of sex, creed and colour by: creating public awareness on aging issues and the problems facing older persons, initiating and assisting organizations working with and for older persons in Ghana to develop appropriate community based services for older persons, assisting in the initiation and development, through research and advocacy, of pragmatic policies and services for older persons. HTAC was instrumental in bringing HelpAge Ghana and Project Reach Out together in a partnership to produce a radio show that provided practical advice for the elderly and advocated on their behalf.|