|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||CANADEM's mandate is to create and manage a resource bank of qualified Canadians with skills in areas such as human rights, peacebuilding, democracy, security and reconstruction and to serve as a civilian standby mechanism for the United Nations and other international agencies conducting field operations.|
|Adresse :||1 Nicholas #1102
FAX: (613) 789-6125
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Randy Weekes|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||www.canadem.ca|
|Secteur :||Destination plurisectorielle ou transversale|
|Description du stage :||
There are an estimated 240,000 refugees from 8 countries in Kenya. In
keeping with the UN's Millennium Development Goals and other Global agreements
and strategies, the UNHCR in Kenya lists among its goals "Ensure that
appropriate standards of asylum, treatment, safety and security are met and
maintained for refugees, while concentrating in particular on mainstreaming
established policy priorities and demonstrating changes in addressing
protection and assistance gaps, with priority attention continuing to be given
across the board to mainstreaming gender equality and children's rights."
The JPC will complete preparations tasks as guided by CANADEM prior to taking up the overseas assignment. These preparation tasks will include:
- review and completion of documentation related to such matters as health, security, contracts and finances.
- health consultations and preparation
- travel arrangements
- contact with overseas supervisors and background document reviews on the destination country, culture and the assignment
- attendance at pre-departure orientation program covering topics including adaptation, health, security, intercultural communications, success in international work environments and follow-on employment counseling.
The intern will support the Senior Regional Advisor (Women and Children) in several areas:
- Awareness raising and advocacy for the protection concerns, rights and needs of refugee women and children leading to operations and programmes which offer them protection and equal access to services and assistance;
- Assisting UNHCR staff in the region to build country specific gender, women and child protection teams;
- Strengthening of partnerships with other UN agencies, donors, governments, NGOs, refugee communities and other stakeholders in work involving refugee women and children.
|Organisation d'accueil :||United Nations High Commission for Refugees (Kenya)|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. The agency is mandated to lead and co-ordinate international action to protect refugees and resolve refugee problems worldwide. Its primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees. It strives to ensure that everyone can exercise the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge in another State, with the option to return home voluntarily, integrate locally or to resettle in a third country.|