|Organisation :||Falls Brook Centre|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Through local, national and international community development and resource stewardship work, we encourage and support initiatives that work towards a society that respects ecosystems, honors diverse cultures and provides an economy in balance with communities and nature. To fulfill its mandate FBC communicates and demonstrates appropriate sustainable resource stewardship in our forest lands, certified organic agriculture and renewable technology projects implementation for rural community revitalization, to inspire and enable people and societies to make a conscious transition towards ecological, economic and social renewal.|
|Adresse :||125 South Knowlesville Road
Knowlesville, New Brunswick,
FAX: (506) 375-4221
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Daniel Ruiz-Sandoval|
|Description du stage :||
This project focuses on the facilitation of potable water, home
improvements and income generation activities for marginalized village
families. The kitchen gardens project is designed to promote food security for
these families, as well as women's income generation through the sale of
- Assist with the FBC community education programs: Design & implement schoolyard gardens project with local students and teachers.
- Assist with development of Global Agriculture and Health teaching materials as part of the Global Classrooms Initiative.
- Assist with rural community economic revitalization projects: Organic agriculture food production, medicinal plant production, local Community Supported Agriculture program and local farmer's markets.
- Assist in development of workshops, promotion and production of kitchen gardens through organic agriculture and agro-forestry.
- Assist in development of workshops, promotion and production of medicinal plants and natural health products
- Assist in development of farmer to farmer exchanges
- Assist in workshop development and implementation on topics such as gender equity, HIV/AIDS, literacy, basic nutrition and social justice.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Honduran Committee for Peace Action|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||To help families with minimal resources to develop economically and socially through workshops on health, the environment, organic farming, disaster preparedness, the rights of women, children, the elderly and special needs persons.|