|Organisation :||Falls Brook Centre|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Through local, national and international community development and resource stewardship work, we encourage and support initiatives that work towards a society that respects ecosystems, honors diverse cultures and provides an economy in balance with communities and nature. To fulfill its mandate FBC communicates and demonstrates appropriate sustainable resource stewardship in our forest lands, certified organic agriculture and renewable technology projects implementation for rural community revitalization, to inspire and enable people and societies to make a conscious transition towards ecological, economic and social renewal.|
|Adresse :||125 South Knowlesville Road
Knowlesville, New Brunswick,
FAX: (506) 375-4221
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Daniel Ruiz-Sandoval|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||www.fallsbrookcentre.ca|
|Pays :||Costa Rica|
|Description du stage :||
The intern will advance Falls Brook Centre's and LAC-Net's mutual
mandate in forest restoration. The intern will work with the Latin American and
Caribbean Model Forest Network (LAC-Net) to conduct consultations with
stakeholders to raise awareness for forest landscape restoration. Concurrently,
the intern will work with LAC-Net staff to develop a database of potential
non-timber forest products and services that local people can market and
identify the potential markets for products.
- Assist Professional Forester with on-going Crown lands campaign
- Review and implement strategies to support local certifications of timber and non-timber resources;
- Gain familiarity with the Analog Forestry Network at the local and regional levels.
- Assist Professional Forester with Analog Forestry Network policy initiatives and stakeholder consultation;
- Assist LAC-Net with workshop development, data collection and follow up for initiatives related landscape restoration
- Assist with the planning of project activities related to restoration site identification and establishment
- Assist with consultations with Model Forest stakeholders related to forest landscape restoration.
- Assist with other project activities related to Model Forest training, education, and income generation for rural peoples.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Regional Model Forest Network for Latin America and the Caribbean|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||The Regional Model Forest Network for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC-Net), established in 2002, represents the largest cluster of model forests in the International Model Forest Network. Since its foundation LAC-Net has been carrying out the People-Centered Forest Conservation and Development Programs which integrate its commitment to ecological conservation while working in an integrated fashion with communities through a participatory process.|