|Organisation :||Falls Brook Centre|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Through local, national and international community development and resource stewardship work, we encourage and support initiatives that work towards a society that respects ecosystems, honors diverse cultures and provides an economy in balance with communities and nature. To fulfill its mandate FBC communicates and demonstrates appropriate sustainable resource stewardship in our forest lands, certified organic agriculture and renewable technology projects implementation for rural community revitalization, to inspire and enable people and societies to make a conscious transition towards ecological, economic and social renewal.|
|Adresse :||125 South Knowlesville Road
Knowlesville, New Brunswick,
FAX: (506) 375-4221
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Daniel Ruiz-Sandoval|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||www.fallsbrookcentre.ca|
|Description du stage :||
The intern will advance Falls Brook Centre's and MAMUCA/ Atlantida Model
Forest's mutual mandate in forest restoration. The intern will work with
Atlantida Model Forest to conduct consultations with stakeholders to raise
awareness for forest landscape restoration. Concurrently, the intern will work
with Atlantida staff to develop a pilot site for landscape restoration.
- Assist with the monitoring of FSC certification on private woodlots in the Maritimes;
- Explore opportunities for woodlot owners to diversify forest values;
- Liaise with academia and government agencies on current social forestry related research and assist in the dissemination of current findings within the New Brunswick context;
- Assist Registered Professional Forester in assessment of woodlot owner needs.
- Research NTFP opportunities and their applicability to the Acadian Forest region
- Assist Atlantida MF with developing a work plan for landscape restoration.
- Assist with the planning of project activities related to restoration site identification and establishment
- Assist with consultations with Model Forest stakeholders related to forest landscape restoration.
- Assist with other project activities related to Model Forest training, education, and income generation for rural peoples
|Organisation d'accueil :||Mancomunidad de Municipios del Centro Atlantida|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||Atlántida Model Forest has committed itself to using a participatory decision making framework as a way to facilitate sustainable resource management. Atlántida Model Forest has a commitment to provide mechanisms for the local decision-makers to be better informed about land-use planning and resource-use in the Atlántida Model Forest.|