|Organisation :||Falls Brook Centre|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Through local, national and international community development and resource stewardship work, we encourage and support initiatives that work towards a society that respects ecosystems, honors diverse cultures and provides an economy in balance with communities and nature. To fulfill its mandate FBC communicates and demonstrates appropriate sustainable resource stewardship in our forest lands, certified organic agriculture and renewable technology projects implementation for rural community revitalization, to inspire and enable people and societies to make a conscious transition towards ecological, economic and social renewal.|
|Adresse :||125 South Knowlesville Road
Knowlesville, New Brunswick,
FAX: (506) 375-4221
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Daniel Ruiz-Sandoval|
|Ville :||La Crucecita|
|Description du stage :||
This project focuses on the provision of environmental services such as
water conservation and carbon sequestration, and will increase awareness and
application by local communities of the sustainable harvesting of Non-Timber
Forest Products to assist communities with a diversity of income generation
opportunities from forests.
- Assist with the monitoring of FSC certification on private woodlots in the Maritimes;
- Explore opportunities for woodlot owners to diversify forest values;
- Liaise with academia and government agencies on current social forestry related research and assist in the dissemination of current findings within the New Brunswick context;
- Assist Registered Professional Forester in assessment of woodlot owner needs.
- Design and create pamphlets, newsletters and educational materials for dissemination to individuals and organizations collaborating with GAIA.
- Continue research into indigenous practices in the sustainable management of local forests.
- Design indicators and a data base system for the monitoring and evaluation of Local Environmental Services managed by GAIA.
- Organize, catalog and create computer access to two resource libraries maintained by GAIA and its partners in Oaxaca and Santa Maria Huatulco.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Grupo Autonomo para Investigaciones Ambiental|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||To develop alternative livelihoods for rural communities based on sustainable management of timber and non timber forest products, empowering the local population to systematize their traditional knowledge in order to take control of their natural resources.|