|Organisation :||Africa Community Technical Service|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Africa Community Technical Service (ACTS) is an interdenominational Christian organization which provides community development assistance and skills training to the people of Africa in cooperation with local churches and other grass-roots organizations.|
|Adresse :||P.O. Box 1515
Comox, British Columbia,
FAX: (250) 339-1300
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||David S. Moore|
|Description du stage :||
The Sweetwater Project in Mbarara District is an extensive network of
pipelines providing villagers with access to clean water. The water is captured
at it sources and flows by gravity to tapstands throughout the area. Health and
sanitation, HIV/AIDS, pipeline maintenance and repair and Environmental
education conservation techniques are carried out before during and after the
construction of this rural water supply system.
- Research all relevant materials - CIDA, ACTS, Gov. of Uganda, UN, and other - regarding agricultural extension in Africa and, if possible, specific to the region.
- Become familiar with all ACTS reports and procedures related to similar project activities in other areas.
- (Upon return to Canada) participate as able in public events designed to educate the Canadian public in ACTS efforts to promote poverty reduction through better farming methods, community health and environmental conservation in rural Africa, and CIDA's role supporting activities.
- Become familiar with water quality monitoring methods in rural locations and test water quality in Sweetwater/Rubingo project areas on a regular basis.
- Train local community volunteers in water quality monitoring techniques.
- Work with community volunteers in providing workshops on environmental issues.
- Provide guidance and instruction to ACTS Ugandan staff and community volunteers in the area of environmental issues and related activities such as fuel efficient stove promotion.
- Provide written reports and thoroughly document all pertinent data and methods and observations which may be useful.
- Contribute to the preparation of a field manual and provide written materials to assist Ugandan staff and volunteers in the monitoring and preserving the health of the environment.
- Research and write environmental assessments of possible new project communities as may be required.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Africa Community Technical Service|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||Africa Community Technical Service (ACTS) is an interdenominational Christian organization which provides community development assistance and skills training to the people of Africa in cooperation with local churches and other grass-roots organizations.|