|Organisation :||Africa Community Technical Service|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Africa Community Technical Service (ACTS) is an interdenominational Christian organization which provides community development assistance and skills training to the people of Africa in cooperation with local churches and other grass-roots organizations.|
|Adresse :||P.O. Box 1515
Comox, British Columbia,
FAX: (250) 339-1300
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||David S. Moore|
|Secteur :||Distribution d'eau et assainissement|
|Description du stage :||
The Sweetwater Project in Mbarara District is an extensive network of
pipelines providing villagers with access to clean water. The water is captured
at it sources and flows by gravity to tapstands throughout the community.
Health and sanitation, HIV/AIDS, pipeline maintenance and repair and
Environmental education accompanies the construction of this rural water supply
- Research all relevant materials - CIDA, ACTS, Gov. of Uganda, UN, and other - regarding the theory and practice of rural water supply in rural Africa
- Become familiar with all ACTS reports and procedures related to the rural water supply projects and related activities.
- (Upon return to Canada) participate as able in public events designed to educate the Canadian public in ACTS efforts to promote environmental conservation in rural Africa, clean water supply, poverty reduction through better farming methods, community health, and CIDA's role supporting activities
- Participate in the on-site training of Ugandan pipeline maintenance community volunteers as may be required.
- Provide leadership on the construction team of the rural water supply project currently in progress
- Make any modifications to the original design of the Sweetwater Project working in close cooperation with the Environmental Officer He/she will be checking on the complete system both at Rubingo and Nyakigyera. This may involve plotting pipelines with aid of an altimeter, GPS unit and other survey equipment. Research all relevant local data providing data and narrative which can be used as a basis for reporting to funding sources.
- Provide written reports to ACTS on a bi-monthly basis, and may otherwise be required. Document thoroughly all relevant research and design work, and contribute to the preparation of a comprehensive project implementation manual.
- This intern will also be engaged in evaluating some possible new projects or additional lines resulting local community requests, designing water systems and calculating materials list and related matters.
- Liaise with local authorities.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Africa Community Technical Service|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||Africa Community Technical Service (ACTS) is an interdenominational Christian organization which provides community development assistance and skills training to the people of Africa in cooperation with local churches and other grass-roots organizations.|