|Organisation :||Africa Community Technical Service|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Africa Community Technical Service (ACTS) is an interdenominational Christian organization which provides community development assistance and skills training to the people of Africa in cooperation with local churches and other grass-roots organizations.|
|Adresse :||P.O. Box 1515
Comox, British Columbia,
FAX: (250) 339-1300
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||David S. Moore|
|Description du stage :||
The Sweetwater Project in Mbarara District is an extensive network of
pipelines providing villagers with access to clean water. The water is captured
at it sources and flows by gravity to tapstands throughout the community.
Health and sanitation, HIV/AIDS, pipeline maintenance and repair and
Environmental education accompanies the construction of this rural water supply
system. Local volunteers will be trained as resource persons in the areas of
health, environment, and agriculture. Agriculture cooperatives for about 40
land-poor widows are established and other agricultural and small animal
management initiatives are operating and need support and mentoring.
- Research all relevant materials - CIDA, ACTS, Gov. of Uganda, UN, and other - regarding agricultural extension in Africa, if possible, specific to the region.
- Become familiar with all ACTS reports and procedures related to similar project activities in other areas.
- (Upon return to Canada) participate as able in public events designed to educate the Canadian public in ACTS efforts to promote poverty reduction through better farming methods, community health and environmental conservation in rural Africa and CIDA's role supporting activities
- Work closely with the community volunteers providing workshops on agricultural themes which can result in effective and sustainable forms of agricultural extension.
- Provide guidance and instruction to ACTS Ugandan staff and community volunteers in the area of agricultural issues and related activities such as the Mutual Benefit Societies for widows and demonstration nurseries.
- Provide written reports and thoroughly document all pertinent data, methods, and observations which may be useful.
- Participate in the future of agricultural extension project proposals in Mbarara District and elsewhere as required.
- Contribute to the preparation of a field manual and provide written materials to assist Ugandan agricultural extension workers.
- Assist in training ACTS Ugandan workers to evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of agricultural extension activities.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Africa Community Technical Service|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||Africa Community Technical Service (ACTS) is an interdenominational Christian organization which provides community development assistance and skills training to the people of Africa in cooperation with local churches and other grass-roots organizations.|