|Organisation :||Humber Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning|
|Type :||Établissement d'enseignement|
|Mandat :||Humber strives for an open, respectful and welcoming educational environment that is responsive to the needs of students, faculty, staff, the community, the nation and the world. The institute proudly reflects the richness and diversity of the Canadian community: the many cultures, the economic backgrounds, the differing age groups and the many ideas that have solidified our democracy. Humber aims for high standards of teaching and learning and is dedicated to anticipating the changes around the world and responding to those changes in practical but innovative ways. Accelerating technological and business change presents a major challenge in keeping teachers and students up-to-date not only at Humber but across the globe. Responding to this challenge, Humber has assisted its international partners in developing strategies to maintain educational excellence. While engaging in these activities Humber has developed an international reputation as an institution that is serious about its responsibilities as a global citizen.|
|Adresse :||The Business School, H215
3199 Lakeshore Blvd.
FAX: (416) 252-7573
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Jennifer Wilson|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||business.humber.ca/|
|Secteur :||Entreprises et autres services|
|Description du stage :||
The partnership project between Moshi University College of Cooperative
and Business Studies (MUCCoBS) and Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced
Learning is a five-year program to assist in the goal of alleviating poverty
among subsistence farmers by increasing their access to credit through
strengthening the capacity of rural microfinance institutions to effectively
manage their operations. More specifically the project will build the capacity
of MUCCoBS in microfinance management, entrepreneurship and curriculum
development so that it can train members of rural Savings and Credit
Cooperatives (SACCOs) and other rural microfinance institutions in effective
microfinance and small business development practices that increase subsistence
farmers' access to credit to start agribusinesses.
Enterprise Development Support Officer will support MUCCoBS in the development of a Centre for Cooperative Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the university's main campus. The centre will provide MUCCoBS students with work placement opportunities to conduct training in entrepreneurship and microfinance for individual clients and microfinance institutions in the Kilimanjaro region. The intern will assist in the strategic planning and budgeting of the centre, research funding opportunities and assist in submitting letters of inquiry and proposals.
During the three-week Pre-departure program in Canada, the Enterprise Development Support Officer will:
- Participate in pre-departure preparation activities through the Centre for Intercultural Learning or related organization;
- Participate in Project Management, Career Training, Effective Community Awareness Methods sessions to be delivered at Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning;
- Participate in introductory Swahili language lessons;
- Prepare a detailed pre-departure report that gives an overview of the development challenges facing Tanzania as well as the political, environmental and economic climate of the country;
- Prepare a preliminary work plan detailing tentative approaches and contingency plans for proposed internship activities;
- Outline a preliminary community awareness and dissemination plan to be implemented upon the intern's return to Canada that will include a minimum of three activities to be completed within three months of the overseas portion of the internship.
Upon return to Canada, the intern will participate in a one-week Re-entry Program. The intern will:
- Participate in debriefing sessions to reflect on personal and developmental learning's;
- Evaluate and revise the Community Awareness implementation plan as needed to include a timeline for completion;
- Participate in a networking forum within the development industry;
- Develop a career/job search plan and an effective resume with support from Humber's Career Services Centre.
During the six-month internship in Tanzania, the Enterprise Development Support Officer will:
- Assist in a needs assessment to determine requirements for a Cooperative Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre
- Provide support in the budgeting process to determine costs associated with a Cooperative Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre;
- Assist in the development of a sustainability plan for the centre;
- Identify and research new funding sources;
- Write proposal narratives, cover letters, letters of inquiry and concept papers;
- Communicate with internal departments to gather current and accurate information for proposals.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Moshi University College of Cooperative and Business Studies|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||Moshi University College of Cooperative and Business Studies shall provide quality education, training,research and consultancy in cooperative, community, business, organizational development,entrepreneurship and cross cutting issues such as gender, HIV/AIDS and environment. The University College aspires to be the best institution for the acquisition and preservation of skills and knowledge in order to support the associative economy in poverty alleviation initiatives with a focus on gender balance.
The core values of the University College that will guide in fulfilling its mission are cooperation, self confidence, self help, freedom, honesty, growth, good governance and social responsibility.