|Organisation :||Humber Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning|
|Type :||Établissement d'enseignement|
|Mandat :||Humber strives for an open, respectful and welcoming educational environment that is responsive to the needs of students, faculty, staff, the community, the nation and the world. The institute proudly reflects the richness and diversity of the Canadian community: the many cultures, the economic backgrounds, the differing age groups and the many ideas that have solidified our democracy. Humber aims for high standards of teaching and learning and is dedicated to anticipating the changes around the world and responding to those changes in practical but innovative ways. Accelerating technological and business change presents a major challenge in keeping teachers and students up-to-date not only at Humber but across the globe. Responding to this challenge, Humber has assisted its international partners in developing strategies to maintain educational excellence. While engaging in these activities Humber has developed an international reputation as an institution that is serious about its responsibilities as a global citizen.|
|Adresse :||The Business School, H215
3199 Lakeshore Blvd.
FAX: (416) 252-7573
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Jennifer Wilson|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||business.humber.ca/|
|Pays :||Afrique du Sud|
|Ville :||Port Shepstone|
|Description du stage :||
The Louisiana Community Development Project (LCDP) aims to develop the
capacity of the local community by enhancing individual potential and quality
of life. Unemployment, illiteracy, and HIV/AIDS infection is high in the
community and women head most households. The internship will help LCDP to
strengthen its community-based programmes designed to meet the health,
educational and financial needs of the people in the community.
The goal of the HIV/AIDS Monitoring and Evaluation Support Officer for the Louisiana Community Development Project is to evaluate its services and make recommendations to strengthen each programme to ensure that they are meeting the community's needs effectively. S/he will then assist in the development of a Monitoring and Evaluation manual to be used by health care and education volunteers as a reference for future programme initiatives.
During the three-week Pre-departure Preparation in Canada, the HIV/AIDS Monitoring and Evaluation Support Officer will:
- Participate in pre-departure preparation activities through the Centre for Intercultural Learning;
- Participate in a Monitoring & Evaluation Tools Workshop , Career Training, Effective Community Awareness Methods, and Training Effectiveness sessions delivered at the Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning;
- Attend a seminar to increase awareness on the impact HIV/AIDS has on poor communities, particularly the socio-economic affects on women.
- Prepare a detailed pre-departure report that gives an overview of the development challenges facing the Kwa-Zulu Natal province in South Africa as well as the political, environmental, and economic climate of the country;
- Prepare a preliminary work plan detailing tentative approaches and contingency plans for proposed internship activities;
- Outline a preliminary community awareness and dissemination plan to be implemented upon the intern's return to Canada that will include a minimum of three activities to be completed within three months of the overseas portion of the internship.
Upon return to Canada, the intern will participate in a one-week Re-entry Program. The intern will:
- Participate in debriefing sessions to reflect on personal and developmental learning's;
- Evaluate and revise the Community Awareness implementation plan as needed to include a timeline for completing;
- Participate in a networking forum within the development industry;
- Develop a career/job search plan and an effective resume with support from Humber's Career Services Centre.
During the six-month overseas portion of the internship in South Africa, the HIV/AIDS Monitoring and Evaluation Support Officer will:
- Work with the volunteers at the Louisiana Community Development Project and its primary stakeholders to understand their health, education and income-generation programming and then develop measurable indicators to assess programme success;
- Monitor health, educational and income-generation programmes based on the program design in order to evaluate program success;
- Provide recommendations for improved programming based on evaluations;
- Assist in the development of a strategic plan based on evaluation recommendations to strengthen programmes;
- Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation manual and train volunteers how to use it as a tool for future programming.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Louisiana Community Development Project|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||Our mission as a non-profit community organization is to support sustainable development for the poor and marginalized people of Louisiana through the implementation of an integrated psychosocial economic approach aimed at fostering health, education, self-esteem, literacy, training and income-generating projects.|