|Organisation :||Humber Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning|
|Type :||Établissement d'enseignement|
|Mandat :||Humber strives for an open, respectful and welcoming educational environment that is responsive to the needs of students, faculty, staff, the community, the nation and the world. The institute proudly reflects the richness and diversity of the Canadian community: the many cultures, the economic backgrounds, the differing age groups and the many ideas that have solidified our democracy. Humber aims for high standards of teaching and learning and is dedicated to anticipating the changes around the world and responding to those changes in practical but innovative ways. Accelerating technological and business change presents a major challenge in keeping teachers and students up-to-date not only at Humber but across the globe. Responding to this challenge, Humber has assisted its international partners in developing strategies to maintain educational excellence. While engaging in these activities Humber has developed an international reputation as an institution that is serious about its responsibilities as a global citizen.|
|Adresse :||The Business School, H215
3199 Lakeshore Blvd.
FAX: (416) 252-7573
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Jennifer Wilson|
|Secteur :||Entreprises et autres services|
|Description du stage :||
The partnership between Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce & Industry
(BWCCI) and the Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning is a
five-year program to assist in the goal of reducing poverty and decreasing the
vulnerability of women by enabling them to establish their own businesses and
to effectively manage and grow their enterprises. More specifically, the
project will build the capacity of the Bangladesh Women Chamber of Commerce and
Industry (BWCCI) to develop curriculum, training resources and trainers to
provide training to women wanting to establish micro enterprises and small
businesses and then helping them to manage them effectively.
The Project Support Officer will assist the Bangladesh Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BWCCI) in the marketing of entrepreneurship training workshops and community outreach. The intern will also assist in the strategic planning of a Business Support Centre for entrepreneurs.
During the two-week Pre-departure Preparation program in Canada the Project Support Officer will:
- Participate in pre-departure preparation activities through the Centre for Intercultural Learning;
- Participate in Service Marketing, Career Training, Effective Community Awareness Methods, and Training Effectiveness sessions delivered at the Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning;
- Participate in an Introductory Bengali language course;
- Prepare a detailed pre-departure report that gives an overview of the development challenges facing women in Bangladesh as well as the political, environmental, and economic climate of the country;
- Prepare a preliminary work plan detailing tentative approaches and contingency plans for proposed internship activities;
- Outline a preliminary community awareness and dissemination plan to be implemented upon the intern's return to Canada that will include a minimum of three activities to be completed within three months of the overseas portion of the internship.
Upon return to Canada, the intern will participate in a one-week Re-entry Program. The intern will:
- Participate in debriefing sessions to reflect on personal and developmental learning's;
- Evaluate and revise the Community Awareness implementation plan as needed to include a timeline for completion;
- Participate in a networking forum within the development industry;
- Present a strategic plan and budget to Project Coordinator on the development of a Business Support Centre.
- Develop a career/job search plan and an effective resume with support from Humber's Career Services Centre.
During the six-month overseas portion of the internship in Bangladesh, the Project Support Officer will:
- Review the training needs analysis and familiarize him/herself with existing entrepreneurship training modules and lesson plans;
- Conduct site-visits to interview micro- and small/medium sized women entrepreneurs to ensure presently offered workshops are satisfying needs of entrepreneurs;
- Assist staff with the development of a marketing and training plan designed to target markets within Dhaka and its surrounding areas;
- Assist in the development of promotional materials for training workshops;
- Track number of workshops delivered and number of participants to determine results of marketing plan.
- Assist staff in the development of a strategic plan and budget for a Business Support Centre;
- Source equipment and resources needed for Business Support Centre and develop a procurement procedure manual;
- Provide support in the day-to-day coordination associated with the project activities.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Bangladesh Women Chamber of Commerce & Industry|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||BWCCI was established in 2001 and now has over 300 members comprised of women entrepreneurs and NGOs in micro credit programmes in 8 districts. Its focus is to unleash the potential of women entrepreneurs by providing them training in establishing and managing businesses, office support through the establishment of a business centre, business networking, access to credit facilities, business awareness building and facilitating access to markets in-country and overseas specifically.|