|Organisation :||United Nations Association in Canada|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Founded in 1946, just months after Canada's signature of the UN Charter in San Francisco, the United Nations Association in Canada is a nation-wide, volunteer-based, not-for-profit registered charity. UNA-Canada works to engage and educate Canadians - with a focus on youth - in critical international issues, to raise awareness of the UN and its work and to offer to the global commons made-in-Canada solutions and innovations to international challenges. UNA-Canada's public education and outreach programmes encompass conferences and seminars, community activism, the publication of policy analyses, informative documents and educational resources, and a robust web site that covers a broad range of UN-related issues, including sustainable development, food security, peace-building, human rights, UN reform/revitalization, corporate social responsibility and the strengthening of the role of civil society and international organizations. With a professional staff in Ottawa, UNA-Canada has 17 branches and contacts across the country; 14,000 members; a Council of Organizations consisting of 25 organization supportive of Canada's multilateralism and the Canadian Corporate Leadership Council of the UN which encourages corporate citizenship while supporting the work of UNA-Canada.|
|Adresse :||300-309 Cooper St.
FAX: (613) 563-2455
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Amy Brathwaite|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||www.unac.org|
|Ville :||Phnom Penh|
|Description du stage :||
The intern will be working with the Communications Unit to enhance the
image of the UN system as a force for development, peace and justice. The Unit
also promotes local awareness of and support for UNDP as:
oA committed partner to governments and civil society in promoting people-centered development;
oAn effective change agent that makes a difference in people's lives;
oA leader in the ongoing development debate.
The JPC will be required to complete the following before their departure:
- Mandatory briefing session hosted by UNA-Canada in Ottawa, ON from June 25-28 2007
- Sign Participation Agreement with UNA-Canada
- Complete required skills assessments and documentation prior to departure
- Return all required documentation to UNA-Canada prior to departure
The Intern will:
1. Assist the communications specialist to develop a UN information database for information sharing.
2. Liaise with program units and UN agencies to gather project information and lead a mapping exercise of UNDP development projects.
3. Help provide guidelines for UN agencies on the database updating process to increase capacity.
4. Edit and proofread UN/UNDP publications.
5. Help liaise with media on UN/UNDP development-related activities.
6. Assist the Communications Unit in organizing events.
7. Help design UN/UNDP publications.
|Organisation d'accueil :||United Nations Development Program|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||UNDP is the UN's global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 166 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. www.undp.org|