|Organisation :||Street Kids International|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Street Kids International is a Canadian-based non-profit organization that supports street youth in developing skills, making choices, and accessing opportunities.
Through international efforts, Street Kids International aims to:
- provide training and capacity building opportunities that introduce youth-centred methods for working with street youth
- develop a global network of organizations and front-line workers striving to support local street youth
- co-develop with this global network the best-practices and materials for meeting the needs of street youth
- raise awareness about the needs and rights of street youth
|Adresse :||P.O. Box 1026 T.D.C. Postal Stn. 77 King Street West
FAX: (416) 504-8977
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Natasha Cassinath|
|Description du stage :||
Railway Children currently works with twenty one NGO partners in India.
Their three pronged strategy includes :
Partnering with organisations at strategic locations that meeting the immediate needs of children at risk, Ensuring that children have access to public services and Involving members of civil society and the government bodies to be sensitive and active to the issues. Supported activities include outreach at stations through the deployment of street educators and social workers, family reunification, drop-in centres, night shelters, and transit homes offering food, health care, counseling and education, including formal and vocational.
-Uploading information on Street Kids International and it's innovative tools and methodology
-Debriefing with Canadian staff on communications, logistics, expectations, the Indian context and deliverables
-Debriefing Canadian Staff on lessons learned, challenges and opportunities
-Presenting Children's Bank Model
-Joint strategizing for expanding work in India
- Public Engagement
The intern's responsibilities are to provide communications and data capture support to both Street Kids International and Railway Children in view to facilitate the experience sharing between the organizations and plan for future innovative program development.
Documentation and Writing
- To document best practices /stories of change which may include visits to partner organizations and assist with the elaboration of communication material, thematic papers, website;
- To facilitate experience sharing among RC members as well as with Street Kids International
- To assist in training in workshops and regional initiatives, focused on capacity building of partner staff with issues related to psychological safety, sexuality and HIV/AIDS. The intern will also be asked to share best practices and promote innovation in outreach and stakeholder participation as a learning community;
- To participate in the "Children's Bank" training and capture the model for international adaptation;
Organizational Strengthening and Outreach to New Stakeholders
- To assist in the development of local strategy to help build linkages with the corporate sector;
- To provide support to entrepreneurship initiatives, particularly increased market penetration for street kid produced handicrafts and other goods; and,
- To represent and promote Street Kids International locally.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Railway Children India|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||Railway Children is an international development agency which works in partnership with organisations and initiatives across the world on the issue of children at risk on the streets. While the Head Office is in the UK, the India programme works with 21 street children organisations and other initiatives across the country to support children at risk at all major railway stations in India. RC works to strengthen partners’ capacities for better organizational practices and to further a learning culture. At the programmatic level, RC strives to better the quality of care and developmental opportunities at all levels for children. They also work with Childline India, the Ministry of Railways, Railway Police and the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and other related networks.|