|Organisation :||Street Kids International|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Street Kids International is a Canadian-based non-profit organization that supports street youth in developing skills, making choices, and accessing opportunities.
Through international efforts, Street Kids International aims to:
- provide training and capacity building opportunities that introduce youth-centred methods for working with street youth
- develop a global network of organizations and front-line workers striving to support local street youth
- co-develop with this global network the best-practices and materials for meeting the needs of street youth
- raise awareness about the needs and rights of street youth
|Adresse :||P.O. Box 1026 T.D.C. Postal Stn. 77 King Street West
FAX: (416) 504-8977
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Natasha Cassinath|
|Description du stage :||
All of AfriAfya's individual projects explore practical means of
harnessing modern information strategies for community health, and turning all
the good ideas often expressed in field of health into practical, useful
reality on the ground. The projects aim at improving health through increasing
the availability of relevant up-to-date health information in target
communities. These projects are done in tandem with local community health
centres, individual practitioners and youth leaders.
-Uploading information on Street Kids International and it's innovative tools and methodology
-Debriefing with Canadian staff on communications, logistics, expectations, the Kenyan context and deliverables
-Debriefing Canadian Staff on lessons learned, challenges and opportunities including public engagement opportunities
- Co-ordination and some implementation of Street Kids International's youth business training opportunities
- Collaboration with training participants and partner organization
- Collaboration with the AfriAfya team on management of tool development especially regarding HIV tools for adolescent girls
- Participate in field testing of tools
- Help with updating and improving communications strategies and databases
- Explore networking possibilities with local and international markets
- Input on innovative ways of use of communication and information dissemination strategies of health and development information to our communities.
Report Writing and Knowledge and Data Collection
- Review and participate in improving the AfriAfya publications currently available
- Review the current system of storing important information and give recommendations
- Participate actively in KMU( Knowledge Management Unit) activities, especially information sharing and exchange with field sites
|Organisation d'accueil :||African Network for Health Knowledge Management and Communication|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||AfriAfya (African Network for Health Knowledge Management and Communication) is a leading agency in the knowledge management and communication with rural and other marginalised communities. Established in Kenya in April 2000, AfriAfya was set up to explore harnessing modern information and communication strategies for community health and development. AfriAfya is a consortium of seven Kenya-based health development agencies including the Ministry of Health, Aga Khan Health Services, Kenya, African Medical and Research Foundation (AMREF), CARE Kenya, Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK), HealthNet Kenya, PLAN Kenya and World Vision International, Kenya.
The idea of AfriAfya was based on the realization that while modern approaches had provided commercial entities, universities, ministries, research institutions and big hospitals with information and assistance in their activities, it had done very little for rural communities, particularly rural Kenyan (and African) communities in the area of health.