|Organisation :||Bow Valley College|
|Type :||Établissement d'enseignement|
|Mandat :||Bow Valley College's mandate is to provide "shorter" training solutions aimed at helping its clients "Get a Career in Less Than a Year". The College has been a key provider of skills enhancement to the educationally and socially disadvantaged for 40 years. Annually, the College serves more than 12,000 learners at 16 campuses in Calgary and throughout southern Alberta, and through contract arrangements serves learners across Canada and in a number of other countries.
Bow Valley College (BVC) is a provincial (and in some cases a national) leader in the fields of workplace essential and employability skills, learner and organizational needs assessments, English as a second language, literacy interventions for the low-skilled, and customization of programs for special populations with diverse learning needs (Aboriginals, refugees, new Canadians, school drop-outs, etc.). Other key programs include high-impact technical training in the health, business, IT, and industry sectors. The College also provides career planning and assessment services to thousands of Albertans a year through its Career Connections Program.
The College maintains strong partnerships with other educators, the provincial and municipal governments and with business.
|Adresse :||332 6th Avenue SE
FAX: (403) 297-3984
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Claire Millington|
|Ville :||Greater Accra|
|Description du stage :||
ChildSpeak forms the community awareness component of the "Toolkit for
Change: Building Scope Project", a five year partnership (2005-2010) between
the Ghana Education Service (GES), Ministry of Education, Science and Sports,
and Bow Valley College (BVC). The project is funded by CIDA through the
Canadian College Partnership Program.
- Spend time in Calgary to learn more about ChildSpeak from a Canadian teacher and student perspective.
- Raise awareness of ChildSpeak through presentations, articles, etc.
- Assist with the organization/ logistics of ChildSpeak activities- participate in the school coordinators' quarterly meetings; ensure projects are completed on schedule; arrange for couriering of students' work to Canada; assist teachers with planning and activities; work with the children to complete ChildSpeak activities; document lessons learned and best practices and share with ChildSpeak coordinators and teachers.
- Assist the schools with the development of ChildSpeak projects and activities (based on themes identified by the Ghanaian and Canadian coordinators and children) and introduce them in the classroom using an integrated, student-centred approach. ChildSpeak themes have included: childrens' rights, environmental awareness, gender equality, HIV/AIDS, political issues, conflict and cooperation, global issues, etc.
- Act as a liaison between Canadian and Ghanaian ChildSpeak participants in order to strengthen existing linkages, and promote an understanding of different cultures and the significance of living in a global community.
- Act as a communications conduit, keeping all partners apprised of activities, issues, successes, and challenges as they occur.
- The intern may be requested, on occasion, to assist with logistics for the implementation of technical and vocational workshops (including a workshop on workplace essential skills), as part of the larger "Toolkit for Change: Building Scope Project". The focus of the internship however, will be ChildSpeak.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Ghana Education Service - Presbyterian Church of Ghana Education Unit|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||The Ghana Education Service (GES)is responsible for implementing pre-tertiary education policy under the Ministry of Education, Science and Sports. The Presbyterian Church of Ghana Education Unit represents a division of the GES. It is responsible for Presbyterian Basic, Junior Secondary and Senior Secondary schools across the country.|