|Organisation :||Vancouver Westwood College Ltd.|
|Type :||Établissement d'enseignement|
|Mandat :||Westwood aims at:
- Enhancing leadership and professional language skills
- Promoting sustainable development through global public-private partnerships
- Developing a sense of global responsibility
- Building a strong global network of emerging leaders and entrepreneurs, and more employable individuals.
Westwood plans to achieve these aims through:
- Cross-cultural knowledge networking
- International work assignments and technical assistance
- Interactive skills enhancement programme
- Targeted global leadership and knowledge sharing forums, communication linkages and multimedia distance learning
|Adresse :||Suite 201 - 10252 135th Street
Surrey, British Columbia,
FAX: (604) 677-5792
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Craig Young|
|Secteur :||Entreprises et autres services|
|Description du stage :||
The internship will include two weeks in Canada, including one week of face to face pre-briefing and preparation for overseas departure, and one week of re-integration and post-overseas briefing, and one week of final report writing and submission.
While in Canada, the intern will:
- Be requested to conduct basic research on the youth employment situation and related challenges in the host country, with a particular emphasis on identifying both gaps and assets/good practices on how the business community, policies and institutions support opportunities for youth.
- Draw a preliminary comparison with their host country, including an examination of the current diplomatic and trade relationships with Canada.
- Prepare a briefing package summarizing key best practices, tools and success profiles of youth entrepreneurship and employment initiatives.
- After returning from overseas, the intern will spend one week of post internship debriefing and commence re-integration by working with fellow interns for a one week period on summarizing key collective recommendations on key actions, tools and practices, based on their lessons learned the criteria for best practices could be identified and shared among Lead countries.
- The interns will use Rutherford's Project Team, YEN Secretariat, local and national governmental agencies, and development partners (Agencies) as resources.
Once overseas, the intern will:
- Develop and implement integrated research and development tools to promote best practices for youth employment, institutional and grass roots/NGO capacity building, and presentation, training and implementation in the host country;
- Develop appropriate teaching/knowledge sharing/transfer tools to enhance understanding and capacity building potential for youth employment initiatives.
- Assist YEN Secretariat and Lead Country partners with ongoing activities to meet their overarching objectives and timelines. Contribute to the design and /or implementation of a National Youth Action Plan on youth employment (NAP).
- Support YEN and the host country agency with building relationships among local institutions and organizations, including organizing key meetings and events for national and local stakeholders.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Egyptian Ministry of Manpower and Migration|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||The Ministry, which is responsible for the areas of migration, labour standards, and youth employment, has been appointed as the lead agency for Youth Employment Network in Egypt (YEN-Egypt), and therefore works closely with the YEN Secretariat to meet the challenges of developing a National Action Plan (NAP) for Youth Employment. The YEN Secretariat is the lead liaison with the Ministry in its role as host organization for the internship. The Ministry hosts international experts and interns regularly for various projects and inititives, and hosted an intern working with YEN's (NAP) for the country in 2006/07.
The International Labour Office in Cairo (ILO-Cairo) is one of the YEN Lead Country partners for the Youth Employment Network in Egypt. They have long standing experience in managing and hosting internships. The YEN Secretariat in Geneva is the Global Host Partner and is the lead liaison with ILO-Cairo. The intern will work closely again this year with the ILO-Cairo office.