|Organisation :||International Institute for Sustainable Development|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||IISD's vision is better living for all - sustainably. Its mission is to champion innovation, enabling societies to live sustainably. It contributes to sustainable development by advancing policy recommendations on climate change and energy, international trade and investment, economic instruments, measurement and indicators, and natural resource management. Its headquarters is in Winnipeg with offices in Ottawa, New York and Geneva.|
|Adresse :||161 Portage Ave. E, 6th floor
FAX: (204) 958-7710
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Noria Neuhart|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||www.iisd.org|
|Description du stage :||
The IISD Intern will be required to work with Iwokrama staff to further
develop their hospitality skills and so enhance the experiences of tourists and
visitors in the Iwokrama Forest, and, in particular, at the Iwokrama Field
Station. In addition, the Intern will be required to assist in the
implementation of regulations set out by the Tourism Authority to certify
Iwokrama and to standardize the industry and its tourism services.
Prior to their departure, interns will sign a contract and begin to prepare for their placements by conducting research, contacting their supervisor overseas, applying for their visa, getting their vaccinations, and attending a 7 day pre-departure training in Winnipeg where they will be expected to actively contribute to discussions. They will also attend a debrefing session upon their return to Canada.
- Work with the existing tourism staff at the Field Station to improve performance to a standard recognised as best practice within the industry, including the accommodation facilities used for clients, Tour Guide interpretation, and activities.
- Work with the existing tourism team at the Field station to improve current products and practices that lead to less environmental impact.
- Look at ways where certification can act as a tool to help local communities in their development of tourism activities.
- Investigate other avenues of certification within the Ecotourism industry and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Organisation d'accueil :||International Centre for Rain Forest Conservation and Development|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||The mission of the Iwokrama International Centre for Rain Forest Conservation and Development (Iwokrama) is to promote the conservation, sustainability and equitable use of tropical rain forests in a manner that will lead to lasting ecological, economic and social benefits to the people of Guyana and to the world in general, by undertaking research, training, and the development and dissemination of technologies. IISD has placed three interns with IWOKORAMA over the past three years. Iwokrama has also supported national and international undergraduate and graduate students and a volunteer and internship program.|