|Organisation :||Christian Children’s Fund of Canada|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Vision: Striving as a worldwide team, we are creating a future of hope for children. We are renowned for our compassion for children of all faiths and cultural backgrounds.|
|Adresse :||1200 Denison Street
FAX: (905) 754-1002
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Kristen Feduck|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||www.ccfcanada.ca|
|Pays :||Burkina Faso|
|Description du stage :||
Due to the high prevalence of HIV/AIDS and its impact on Burkina Faso's
development, a National Council for AIDS Control has been established and the
President himself is the Chairman of the Board. AIDS is now considered a
cross-cutting theme for all national development programs. CCFC has considered
this a priority since 2003. In this context, the local partner
organization,AOG, is prioritizing their programming in this area. Many of the
intern's activities will be focused on the initial applications of work in this
Malaria is the number one killer in Burkina Faso. A National Program now oversees activities for the control of this disease. CCFC is currently collaborating with the National Program. The intern will support the local partner's work in scaling up interventions in this area.
- Build the local organization's malaria project.
- Organize and build the capacity and knowledge base of community members around the issue of HIV/AIDS.
- Contribute to the networking efforts between the local community and local non-governmental organizations and community based organizations.
- Organize women's and children's groups in order to achieve increased participation in both HIV/AIDS and malaria campaigns.
- Review current activities for both HIV/AIDS and malaria campaigns.
- Draft a proposal including successful current activities and proposed new activities for HIV/AIDS and malaria campaigns.
- Improve networking with local non-gvoernmental and community based organizations.
- Develop training modules and conduct training for women and children designed to increase their meaningful participation in the health campaigns, hence encouraging program sustainability and replication.
|Organisation d'accueil :||SECAM|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||SECAM is involved in capacity building and community empowerment activities. They conduct assessments, research and studies, mentor community organizations and provide technical expertise in different aspects of development . with strong emphasis on rural development. SECAM is partnering with CCFC in Koupela program for a two-year period.|