|Organisation :||Christian Children’s Fund of Canada|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||Vision: Striving as a worldwide team, we are creating a future of hope for children. We are renowned for our compassion for children of all faiths and cultural backgrounds.|
|Adresse :||1200 Denison Street
FAX: (905) 754-1002
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Kristen Feduck|
|Site Web en français :|
|Site Web en anglais :||www.ccfcanada.ca|
|Description du stage :||
BCDP has implemented five programs in education, water and sanitation,
micro enterprise development health and nutrition with families. 1000 families
have directly benefited from these development programs. BCDP has been
efficient in implementing its programs and has had positive impact on children
families and communities. Their achievements in the areas of formal education,
health and nutrition and micro enterprise development community development
projects has been remarkable. BCDP involves the communities through
participatory processes to improve the living standards of the people.
The intern's mandate while on placement will be to contribute to the improvement of nutrition and health status of children in four communities with 7,631 people over the course of nine months.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- To conduct a nutrition survey in 2 communities to ascertain nutritional status and eating habits of community members.
- To train the staff of five partner projects in nutritional data analysis using appropriate computer programs.
- To ascertain the health and nutrition status of sponsored children in Baptist Child Development Project.
- To help counsel mothers whose children are malnourished.
- To help create awareness of HIV/AIDS among children and their parents.
- To submit monthly and quarterly and end of program reports to the Project Director.
- To assist the project in any other pertinent area of expertise.
Intern's activities will include:
- Participate in quarterly nutrition assessments on height and weight.
- Analyze nutritional data after health and nutritional assessment.
- Organize counseling session for children and parents suffering from malnutrition.
- Assist in the establishment of feeding centers for children.
- Train 5 partners' staff members on analyzing nutritional data.
- Conduct meetings with student HIV/AIDS clubs and with parents in order to raise awareness.
- Participate in monthly clean ups.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Baptist Child Development Program|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||Mandate:
- To promote formal and non - formal education of children.
- To promote the health and nutritional status of children.
- To provide skills training for young adults and adults.
- To improve environmental sanitation.
- To provide spiritual instruction to people in northern Ghana.