|Organisation :||Humber Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning|
|Type :||Établissement d'enseignement|
|Mandat :||Humber strives for an open, respectful and welcoming educational environment that is responsive to the needs of students, faculty, staff, the community, the nation and the world. The institute proudly reflects the richness and diversity of the Canadian community: the many cultures, the economic backgrounds, the differing age groups and the many ideas that have solidified our democracy. Humber aims for high standards of teaching and learning and is dedicated to anticipating the changes around the world and responding to those changes in practical but innovative ways. Accelerating technological and business change presents a major challenge in keeping teachers and students up-to-date not only at Humber but across the globe. Responding to this challenge, Humber has assisted its international partners in developing strategies to maintain educational excellence. While engaging in these activities Humber has developed an international reputation as an institution that is serious about its responsibilities as a global citizen.|
|Adresse :||The Business School, H215
3199 Lakeshore Blvd.
FAX: (416) 252-7573
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Jennifer Wilson|
|Pays :||Afrique du Sud|
|Ville :||Port Shepstone|
|Secteur :||Entreprises et autres services|
|Description du stage :||
The Louisiana Community Development Project (LCDP) aims to develop the
capacity of the local community by enhancing individual potential and quality
of life. Unemployment, illiteracy, and HIV/AIDS infection is very high in the
community and women head most households. The internship will help LCDP to
strengthen its community-based income-generation programmes designed to improve
the standard of living of women and their families in the community.
The Microbusiness Consultant will work with the Louisiana Community Development Project to strengthen its income-generation programmes by transferring skills in business management and leadership to stakeholders. The intern will also assist the beneficiaries in creating a sustainability plan.
During the two-week Pre-departure Preparation in Canada the Microbusiness Consultant will:
- Participate in pre-departure preparation activities through the Centre for Intercultural Learning;
- Participate in Program Management, Training Needs Assessment, Microenterprise, Business Planning, Career Training, Effective Community Awareness Methods, and Training Effectiveness sessions delivered at the Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning;
- Prepare a detailed pre-departure report that gives an overview of the development challenges facing the Kwa-Zulu Natal province in South Africa as well as the political, environmental, and economic climate of the country;
- Prepare a preliminary work plan detailing tentative approaches and contingency plans for proposed internship activities;
- Outline a preliminary community awareness and dissemination plan to be implemented upon the intern's return to Canada that will include a minimum of three activities to be completed within three months of the overseas portion of the internship.
During the six-month overseas portion of the internship in South Africa the Microbusiness Consultant will:
- Evaluate current and past income-generation programmes by interviewing staff and volunteers of LCDP and women who have participated in income-generating programmes;
- Make recommendations for programme improvements;
- Facilitate workshops in microbusiness management, leadership, and team building for staff, volunteers and participants;
- Assist organization in creating a sustainability plan for current and future income-generation programmes.
Upon return to Canada, the intern will participate in a one-week Re-entry Program. The intern will:
- Participate in debriefing sessions to reflect on personal and developmental learning;
- Evaluate and revise the Community Awareness implementation plan as needed to include a timeline for completion;
- Participate in a networking forum within the development industry;
- Develop a career/job search plan and an effective resume with support from Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning.
|Organisation d'accueil :||Louisiana Community Development Project|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||Our mission as a non-profit community organization is to support sustainable development for the poor and marginalized people of Louisiana through the implementation of an integrated psychosocial economic approach aimed at fostering health, education, self-esteem, literacy, training and income-generating projects.|