|Organisation :||CARE Canada|
|Type :||Organisme non gouvernemental|
|Mandat :||CARE is a non-profit and non-sectarian charitable agency founded in 1946 to bring emergency relief assistance to the people of Europe after the Second World War. Initially founded in the United States, the organization quickly established a Canadian operation in 1972 to tap the commitment and generosity of people across Canada. In 1986, CARE Canada evolved from a fundraising agency to an operational development organization.
CARE Canada is a member of the CARE International network, which was founded in 1982 to enhance the internationalization of CARE's worldwide activities. CARE International is comprised of 10 national CAREs, with a Secretariat located in Geneva. Collectively, the members of CARE International are responsible for development, emergency, and rehabilitation projects valued at over $700 million annually.
|Adresse :||9 Gurdwara Road, Suite 200
FAX: (613) 226-5991
|Veuillez visiter le site Internet de l'organisation offrant ce stage pour connaître ses exigences avant de lui envoyer votre curriculum vitae.|
|Personne ressource :||Eve Dufresne|
|Description du stage :||
Partnerships for Addressing Gender in Education (PAGE)
The PAGE project is a response to Gender Based Violence in schools, especially amongst girl pupils. As a whole the project is an important initiative in addressing gender inequality as it addresses factors that reduce girls' enrolment, retention and attainment in schools, which increases inequalities in education between boys and girls. The project is working with girls, School Management Committees (SMC), Parents Teachers Associations (PTAs), District Assembly, District Education Network to build their capacity to address gender-based violence in schools. The project main thrust is empowerment of girls and capacity building of school governing institutions for improved learning environment and quality basic education.
Specific Responsibilities and Activities
- Assist in day to day implementation of PAGE project.
- Provide technical support; capacity development processes; and training to project partners CSO and government frontline staff. This will mainly be in the areas of planning, project implementation and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist in development and / or refining of training materials for capacity building of teachers, partner CSOs and government frontline staff in the area of GBV and Girls empowerment.
- Assist in developing and reviewing project operational plans
- Work with Malawian counterpart to strengthen advocacy networks in education sector at district level
- Lead the process of documenting project processes and outcomes.
- Assist in monitoring project grants disbursed to partner CSOs.
- Strengthen project linkages with other stakeholders including government departments
- Assist in project data collection and documentation
|Organisation d'accueil :||CARE Malawi|
|Détails au sujet de l'organisation d'accueil :||CARE Malawi is legally registered by both the Government and the Council for NGOs in Malawi to support livelihood initiatives and is currently working in Education; Health; Food security and Micro-Finance sectors.|